My media consumption

 Newspapers

Generally, I don't read newspapers, but that is not to say that I haven't read one before. If I do see a newspaper in my house with an interesting headline then I might read the section about it, however it is not my usual way of being informed about current affairs. Occasionally my mum buys the newspaper but not as often as before, as she also receives more of her news from her phone. I don't really use newspapers on my phone I usually watch the news on the TV (ITV).

Magazines

I don't buy magazines anymore, but I use to buy them when I was younger, as I didn't have a phone at the time that was a form of entertainment.

Television

 Only a couple hours a day and it usually to watch the news or a current programme I am watching. The current programme I am watching is 'Married at first sight.' As for other series/programmes I would watch them on streaming services, such as: Netflix, BBC iplayer and ITV hub. I watch some things with my mum since we both enjoy the same time of programmes.

Radio

I don't listen to the radio (specifically LBC) but sometimes my mum will have it on while in the kitchen and I overhear what they are talking about. I have listened tio a few podcast episodes here and there but it is not something I keep up with.

Film

I watched the Elvis movie last month in the cinema with my family. Some examples of movies I have watched on Netflix are; Rocks and Lion and The Hating Game on Amazon Prime. We usually watch movies on the TV.

Online

I use the internet everyday, both at home and at school. I usually use websites for school (e.g: google classroom) and websites for shopping. I use my computer usually when I want to use either of those but if it's just a quick search then I would use my phone. I regularly use Instagram, Tiktok and Youtube. Some are for entertainment and some are to communicate with friends.

Reflection

In order to develop the variety of media I consume I will have to watch/read things outside of my typical genre. I should now take an interest in other forms of media as I haven't even given it a chance yet. I'll read a newspaper, listen to a podcast and buy a magazine.

Comments